Below is a guide to becoming an Educator. Please note some of the requirements can be obtained whilst we are processing your initial application. We can also help you with obtaining some of the requirements should you need assistance.
N.B. A member from the co-ordination unit will have to approve all documentation to ensure the requirements are met before you commence looking after children.
Educators are required to have:
- A current and valid Working With Children check
- A certificate III in Children’s Services or above (essential)
- First Aid certificate
- Anaphylaxis certificate
- Asthma certificate
- Public Liability
- Medical certificate to ensure you are a fit and proper person to be able to work with children
- A current Working With Children check for anyone over 18 years that resides in your home
- A safe community environment
- A safe environment
- Permission from Landlord if applicable
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply these to your business